Community groups have an essential role in helping stop damaging climate change. They provide a voice through which many speak and many more hear. Influence over the community should be used to lead the way in reducing global carbon emissions.
Community groups are about education. Likewise climate change is about education, teaching the need to choose a low-emission lifestyle and help stop damaging climate change.
Benefitting the community
Climakind helps community groups reduce carbon emissions. The benefits of Climakind can include:
- Make a difference - stop carbon emissions before they occur
- Better future - help drive investment in low-carbon energy
- Transparency - you ensure robust and verifiable emissions reduction
- The Climakind Certificate represents cancelled carbon dioxide
- Recognition - opt to be in the Climakind Who’s who tables
- Spread the word - the member’s profile gives your group's actions a voice
- Simplicity - we make understanding and participating in carbon emissions reduction easy
- Progress - opt to receive the monthly Progress Reports
- Registry - you can see your history of purchases in detail and in total
- Analyse - compare your efforts with global averages
We encourage a holistic approach to reducing emissions. It is important to measure and set carbon emission reduction targets and at the same time to cancel carbon emissions credits that match the emissions for which you are responsible. Our tips and information help your community group on the way to being EmissionsAware™. During the process of reducing emissions, which may take years, you can Climakind the carbon emissions for which you are responsible. First you have to calculate your annual carbon emissions.
Calculating Carbon Emissions
If you know your annual carbon emissions (carbon footprint) you can use it when joining Climakind.
Otherwise we provide two solutions to calculate annual carbon emissions, a simple calculation or our EmissionsAware™ program. Our calculator provides an estimation of your organisation’s annual carbon emissions from the three main energy activities.
Use our Emissions Calculator to determine your carbon emissions.
Our second solution, the EmissionsAware™ program, is our carbon management plan. It is more involved, setting long term targets for organisations to achieve a sustainable (low-carbon) future.
The EmissionsAware™ program has six main steps:
- Identify who will responsible for managing the sustainable initiatives
- Determine the scope of your emissions (the parts of your business you want to include)
- Measure and report the current emissions
- Set targets to reduce the emissions over a number of years (1yr, 3yr, 5yr)
- Monitor and report the progress on a regular basis
- Reward your team for achieving the goals and certification.
We guide you through the process with presentations, reference material and workshops. Please contact us for more details.
Identifying Your Commitment to Reduce Emissions
Once your group has chosen a method of calculating total annual carbon emissions there are three levels of participation that identify your commitment to emissions reduction:
is the entry level (one twelfth of your annual carbon emissions*),
shows you are concerned (half of your annual carbon emissions*),
indicates a significant effort to reduce carbon emissions and help stop damaging climate change (your annual carbon emissions*).
* Indicates the minimum for the level.
Lead the way. Join today...